September is pediatric cancer awareness month. The realities of pediatric cancer are quite shocking.
- It’s grossly underfunded! Less than 4% of federal funding is allocated to pediatric cancer.
- 1 in 300 kids are diagnosed with cancer before age 20.
- Kids that have cancer treatment therapies typically have life long complications.
- The average age of diagnosis is 5 years old.
- 47 kids in the US are diagnosed with cancer EVERY DAY.
How can you help?
- Give. Every donation to SJF funds critical research or goes directly to a patient currently battling neuroblastoma.
- Wear Gold. Choosing to wear gold during the month of September helps bring awareness and also shows your community you are helping to fight this battle.
- Support. There are children fighting cancer all around us. These families go through immense stress and hardship.
Go gold with us this month! #morethan4 #nochildfightsalone #onechildistoomany