– Cancer is the number one cause of death by disease among children.
– One in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.
– The average cost of a hospital stay for a child with cancer is $40,000.
– 43 children per day are expected to be diagnosed with cancer.
– Only 4% of federal government cancer research funding goes to study pediatric cancer.
– More than 95% of childhood cancer survivors have significant health related issues because of the current treatment options.
– The incidence of childhood cancer is on the increase, averaging a 0.6% per year since the 1970s resulting in a 24% increase over the last 40 years.